Friday, May 11, 2012

Floating On a Log Called Apathy

I took a walk on a sun filled day, preparing to visit my sweet and lovely gal.
On the way, through a lightly shaded path, a young man did play:
Floating in a pool, legs extended, arms stretching from too much sleep,
And the most bland yet pleasure-filled face a man could mask.

I softly walked as to not disturb the man from his much unneeded rest,
But while crossing the thin dry spat of land in a line (for I did not wish to muddy up my shoes and pant legs), I took the one archetypal wrong step and gently slipped (and possibly even glided)
down into the shallow pool, ending in a light splash.

Wet I was, and reacted typically in my mind, yet my body did not respond.
I need to get up! I thought.
That is my typical reaction: to get up, to dry off, and re-shower to remove the dirt.
But that did not enter my mind.
My new desire was to sit and stay in the coolness of the pool-
it calmed and shielded my body from the harsh sun.
Quiet.  Nice.  Peaceful.  The words roamed through my mind randomly.
And lovely, quite lovely, did the feel of the water on my limbs,
I was seduced by the pool; it was much needed from the sun's rays.

I sat myself up at the shore of the pool.
I saw the blue hue and immediately feel into it's treacherous trance-
that hypnotic color entered my eyes.
I dipped my feet in first, ever so gently.
Inch by inch I fell into total emersion.
At first it felt wrong and I fought it.
Then the man whom I saw earlier, floating down stream belly up turned his head to acknowledge me.
"Just relax.  If you fight it, you'll just ware yourself out.  Let go and flow calmly with the creatures below.  Become one with the water."

I was frightened to do so, to let go of the small amount of control I had,
but the man's short fragments made since somehow.
I decided to lay close to the shore, holding a small branched root.
I will chill here for a bit so I might be fully rested and ready for the
Remainder of the day.
How very wrong I was in my thinking.  My poor lonely bride would be awaiting for my arrive for ages.
I slipped down into the hypnotic blue and gently flowing current
Falling deeper and deeper into the trance.

No comments:

Post a Comment