Tuesday, January 7, 2014

These Days

To truly harm and discomfort someone,
To destroy, nay murder, a newly planted seed of love is true evil.
The devil slept in my bed one night
And I will never forget the feeling of guilt and remorse.
My internal sobbing eyes and swelling cheeks are
The constant reminder of the evil I embody.

So many of us are capable of this evil,
It stays dormant in some and burning brightly in others,
But it lives there, inside of all of us, slowly killing off the small parts that make us who we are
In order to leave nothing but an empty shell for the fire to fully embody and flourish.

one thing, many faces
it shines itself here and there,
And some feed the cravings it asks for.

The world of religion says fight the evil, you have the will to,
But this thing can find the weakest of the chains and will cause the rest to crumble and fall,
dragging them all down with a death grip of strength attached to the foot,
Pull.
You can't fully destroy it.  You can't fight it.
It finds all and every way to tempt and crucify you in totality.

one thing, many faces,
there is nothing it can't and wont do
To gain its unsettling and dark goal.

I embody this thing, this evil,
And it will never leave,
There will always be some part of it in me and that disgusts and disheartens me.

Through talking and acting, maybe there is a way to dull it down to it's most minimum size
And portray the true and good person I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment