Sunday, February 24, 2013

Poem for 10/10/12

I have no concentration on the things that matter.
I can't even read David Kirby poems without the technological distraction or impatience.
I've allowed the impatience to move into my mind, to loose my perspective and cause slow downfall.
I could blame it on ADD or just ignore it,
As I so often do.
But then it'll just come up and bite me on the ass when I least expect it.

Nothing will get done then,
Productivity down to zero,
And I will be the cause of worry to my family.

But there are moments I play a vinyl album to calm down my constant pase-ing,
And just listen to the pure unaltered songs of the Dead,
"There is a road, some lonesome highway...that is for my steps alone".
Why always alone?  Why can't I walk with someone I adore or admire?

My paths never seem to go anywhere.
Perhaps that's the reason why I go alone,
Seems much more stoic.

No comments:

Post a Comment